Qualmark Gold Award
Empowering staff to continually look at sustainability initiatives is saving electricity, reducing waste and increasing community involvement – and has seen Skyline Rotorua maintain the industry’s top sustainability award.
Following an audit which looked at everything from environmental impact to how the organisation embraces manaakitanga – what it means to cherish, conserve, and sustain the plants, animals and the people inhabiting the land, Skyline Rotorua has secured Qualmark Gold Sustainable Tourism Award for another year. Skyline Rotorua has had gold status since 2012
Qualmark Gold Sustainable Tourism Award is the top level in New Zealand’s Qualmark rating for performers in responsible tourism. There are also Silver and Bronze levels.
At Skyline Rotorua, we are proud to support the Tiaki Promise, an initiative that embraces the values of guardianship and responsible tourism.
The Tiaki Promise is a commitment made by all who visit Aotearoa New Zealand to care for and protect our natural environment, cultural heritage, and communities. We believe in the importance of preserving the breathtaking landscapes and unique cultural experiences that make Rotorua so special.
By supporting the Tiaki Promise, we encourage our future guests to join us in fostering sustainability, respecting local customs, and leaving a positive impact on the places we visit. Together, let’s create unforgettable memories while ensuring a sustainable future for generations to come.
New Zealand Beef & Lamb
- 2017 Winner of the Beef and Lamb Excellence Award
- 2016 Winner of the Beef and Lamb Excellence Award
Westpac Rotorua Business Excellence Awards
- 2022 Winner of The Shine Collective: Manaakitanga Tourism Award from the Tompkins Wake Business Awards
- 2015 Winner of the Social Responsibility Award from the Westpac Rotorua Business Awards
- 2015 Winner of the Attractions Business Award from the Westpac Rotorua Business Awards
- 2015 Winner of the Westpac Business of the Year Award from the Westpac Rotorua Business Awards
- 2019 Winner of ‘Rotorua’s Best Activity’ from the Hits
- 2019 Winner of ‘Rotorua’s Best Restaurant’ (Stratosfare Restaurant & Bar) from the Hits
Bay of Plenty Export NZ Awards
- 2016 Winner of the Bay of Plenty Exporter of the Year Award
Rotorua Hospitality Awards
- 2023 Winner of the Emerging Chef Award – Ethan Barnett
- 2023 Winner of the Outstanding Bartender Award – Teina Cassidy
- 2018 Winner of the Outstanding Front of House Team of the Year from the Rotorua Hospitality Awards
- 2017 Winner of the Excellence in Event Hospitality for Crankworx Rotorua from the Rotorua Hospitality Awards
- 2016 Winner of the Peoples Choice Award from the Rotorua Hospitality Awards
- 2015 Winner of the Outstanding Restaurant from the Rotorua Hospitality Awards
Hospitality New Zealand
- 2018 Finalist for Excellence in Training and Staff Development from Hospitality New Zealand
- 2017 Finalist for the Best Restaurant from the Hospitality New Zealand Awards for Excellence
Tourism Industry Association of New Zealand
- 2015 Winner of the Air New Zealand Supreme Tourism Industry Award from the Tourism Industry Association
- 2015 Winner of the Business Excellence Award from the Tourism Industry Association
Experiences for everyone.
Whoever you are, whatever mood you’re in - we have something for you.